Just a gentle reminder to submit your application for the Riecke Fellowship. Below are some details and ideas of the exciting opportunities the Fellowship can offer.
What do the following amazing programs all have in common?
- Audubon Camp Educators Week in Hog Island, Maine
- This World Music Summer Study in Cuba
- Universal Design for Learning – Social Justice at the University of Massachusetts, Boston
- International Literacy Association Conference in Austin
- The Neuroscience of Reading at MIT
They were all recent professional development opportunities enjoyed by SOMSD faculty through Achieve’s Riecke Fellowship program!
The application and a complete list of past Michelle T. Riecke Teaching Fellowship awards can be found on the Achieve website.
This is an amazing opportunity for any district teacher or counselor, but don’t delay — the application closes on Thursday, February 23rd.
Here’s the fine print:
- Requests can be for up to $3,000 for one teacher or $5,000 for two or more teachers
- Applicants must be current members of the SOMSD teaching staff (including school counselors, media specialists, nurses, etc.)
- Applicants must intend to work in the SOMSD in school the year following the fellowship
- Proposals must include a plan for sharing acquired information with District colleagues. (NB: Attendance at presentations qualifies toward professional development hours, both for Riecke Fellows who make the presentations and for teacher participants.)
- Fellowship funds may not be used toward tuition for an advanced degree
- Applications must be signed by the applicant(s) and their principal or department supervisor
- The application deadline is February 23, 2023
- Awardees will be notified by March 22, 2023
- Recipients will be required to submit receipts for approved expenses and a project evaluation form (available on the achievefoundation.org website) upon completion of the program
- Fellowship funds not used must be returned to Achieve, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Achieve Foundation
While fellowships are awarded for both subject-specific and broader educational interests, faculty are encouraged to look for programs that nurture their professional passion.
Any questions? Email email@example.com.
We can’t wait to read your proposals!
– Eileen Neri